Friday, September 20, 2013

Shoe Shopping, Show Stopping...

shoe shopping, show stopping

Starting my burlesque and performing wardrobe. Got some amazing pieces from a vintage thrift boutique a few days ago that I haven't photographed yet, but I will soon. Shoes are incredibly important in a pin-up girl's wardrobe. A simple outfit can be completely revamped just by wearing a fabulous shoe. Granted, extremely high heels aren't practical for dancing, but they sure as hell look amazing in photo shoots.

Fabulously Fetish has become one of my go-to companies when looking for amazing fetish and Old Hollywood inspired heels. My boss at work caught wind of me starting at their site while making this collage above, so he told me I could pick any pair I want for Christmas. Deciding is the hard part, but I think I'm going to stick with the Delilah's hopefully in red or baby pink. SO EXCITED.

I don't like talking about things before they happen, because I am too superstitious to think that people out there with ill intentions will wish bad things on me if I put positive things out into the universe, so I am trying to humble myself and only speak about opportunities coming my way after I already achieve them, but today is a very exciting day for me and if all goes well, I will have an amazing opportunity to finally get myself started in this industry. All I've ever wanted to do with my life was be a performer and a dancer and a singer and be in the spotlight. It's in my blood. My mother and her whole side of the family are musicians and I was blessed with a gift that I don't want to waste out of fear and anxiety. Making moves and finally taking steps in the right direction and I could not be happier with how life is going lately. I spent a good amount of time feeling sorry for myself and feeling like everyone else was to blame for where I was in my life, but I learned to realize that life isn't a race. It's good to take the scenic route and just let life happen to you. Take every opportunity to do good things and great things will come back at you.